On Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the Institute for the Study of Free Enterprise (ISFE) at Oklahoma State University hosted a Blockchain Ideas Summit in Stillwater, OK.
Here are links to posts containing videos from the Summit:
- Opening Remarks by George Gilder (7 minutes)
- Introduction of the Panelists (7 minutes)
- Value 4 Value Project Presentation and Q&A, by Dr. Brian Bishko (@brianoflondon) (this post) (46 minutes)
- HiveAuth Project Presentation and Q&A, by @arcange (42 minutes)
In this particular video, Dr. Steve Trost (@trostparadox) gives a brief overview of the significance of Value 4 Value (@v4v.app), Dr. Brian Bishko (@brianoflondon) provides a detailed explanation of Value 4 Value (v4v.app), and the panelists provide commentary and ask questions.
Of particular interest is Dr. Jesse Reich's (@aggroed's) commentary and question at 0:24:30:
So you have like a payment method and then you have a content distribution. ... There's always the option to build new things, but there's also like things that already exist. Are there ways to take the components that you have and apply them to something like Spotify or already existing podcast components? ... If Joe Rogen could take this software and get paid in satoshis for that stream, there might be like an instant, much-larger audience than what you could build by yourself as like a lone developer. Have you thought about how to apply this to pre-existing programs?
And Dr. Brian's (@brianoflondon's) response at 0:25:39:
That's exactly what this does. For example, Bret Weinstein's podcast -- you can pay for with streaming sats. All he had to do was edit his RSS feed -- or host with RSS.com, buzzsprout, there are some plug-ins for wordpress, that have added the capability -- all you have to do is, in the RSS feed, put a lightning address, or in my case, a lightning address that leads to Hive. None of this stuff breaks anything that exists. It's all additional. You add a small amount of information to your RSS feed and suddenly, in the new apps [that support v4v] it will show up and it will say "Would you like to stream sats to this podcast?"
NOTE: The marginal audio quality of @brianoflondon's presentation was due to technical issues on our end, not his. I did my best to improve the quality via post-processing of the audio files, but it is still marginal.
Also, the University's videography team had conflicts that morning and could not actively film the Summit. So we had to settle for a fixed camera angle. That's why the panelists are off-screen and their comments are audio-only.
The Summit involved presentations of four projects, followed by questions and comments on each project, by a panel of experts.
The projects presented at the Summit were:
- Value for Value (v4v.app) and PodCasting 2.0 (podcastindex.org), by Dr. Brian Bishko (@brianoflondon)
- HiveAuth (hiveauth.com) by @arcange
- SPK Network (spk.network) by Matt Starkey (@starkerz)
- Compensara Open Money Protocol (COMP) by David Trost
(Unfortunately, a memory card failure resulted in the loss of the video and audio for the final two projects.)
The panelists were:
- John Tamny: author of The Money Confusion: How Illiteracy About Currencies and Inflation Sets the Stage for the Crypto Revolution and 5 other books.
- George Gilder: author of Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy and Life After Capitalism and 22 other books.
- Jonathan Button: digital assets portfolio manager; consultant to FIFA on FIFA+ Collect.
- David Trost: cybersecurity engineer; founder of Compensara Open Money Protocol (COMP).
- Mike Trisko: CEO of Phore Blockchain project.
- Matt Starkey (@starkerz): co-founder of 3Speak and SPK Network.
- Dr. Jesse Reich (@aggroed): co-founder and CEO of Splinterlands; former chemistry professor.
- Dr. Brian Bishko (@brianoflondon): founder of v4v.app; inventor of Podping for Podcasting 2.0.
- @arcange: founder and developer of HiveAuth.
- Dan Hensley (@theycallmedan): co-founder of 3Speak and SPK Network.
@trostparadox! The Hive.Pizza team manually upvoted your post.
Join us in Discord!