Update post #1

in Hive Gaming2 years ago (edited)

About Dcity

Dcity is mathematical and trading game based on non fungible tokens available on Hive-Engine. Players build their own cities with tokens representing buildings, citizens, technologies, and earn income in the form of hive (based on ranking) and SIM token (based on city income). There are also cards that player can get only from playing the game like technologies, backgrounds and new prevention cards :)


This is first post describing update, there will be more cards and new functions described in next posts. In last post about update we will set date for 1st edition to stop and 3rd edition to start.

Crisis Events as global random factors:

Crisis Events will happen globally for all the players, with a probability of 1-20% growing slowly from 1% and reset when the crisis event happens. When crisis event happens there is penalty for all the users that day. There will be also Prevention cards than prevent crisis for 7 days(rounds). Prevention cards will be mined with new combined cards.

Pandemy - 20% of the population is sick and not working (Social support cost is increased by 0.4 for every sick citizen )
Probability - 1-20%, goes up 1% daily

Mass Fires - reduce income by 5%
Probability - 1-20%, goes up 1% daily

Riots - reduce income and popularity by 5%
Probability - 1-20%, goes up 1% daily or 0.8% if police tax is on

Economy Crisis - reduce income by 10%
Probability - 1-20%, goes up (1-(total_tax/100))% daily

Power Crisis - reduce income by 5%
Probability - 1-20%, goes up 1% daily or 0.8% if energy tax is on

Nature Disaster - reduce income and popularity by 5%
Probability - 1-20%, goes up 1% daily or 0.8% if energy tax is on

Probability goes back to 1% for crisis when crisis happens.
Few crisis events can happen at the same time.

This already works in Simulation mode, no effects on cities yet.

New Citizen - Criminal

When crime happens, one of the player citizen cards can be changed to Criminal.
Chance for that is reversed Crime probability, so if a player has a 20% chance for crime they also have an 80% chance to get a Criminal citizen.

Criminal Citizen income -1 popularity -50

This already works. ;)

New cards:

3rd Edition:

Construction Site (20%) required for every combine
Power Line (5%) income 6, workers 4, popularity -2
Office (10%) income 10, workers 20, popularity 5
Parking (5%) income 5, workers 5, popularity 2

Prevention Card:

Power Reload - prevents Power Crisis for 7 days (on transfer out to game account)

Combined:

Power Station (Cards needed: Construction Site, 10x Power Line, Office, Parking, Public Restrooms, 2x Basic Automation)

Produces Power Reload prevention card - when energy crisis happens (20% chance, 30% if energy tax is on)

Summary of stats for used buildings: income: 77, popularity: -18, workers: 67

Stats of combined building: income: 80, popularity: -25, workers: 60

Construction Site is burned when constructing a new building, but player can convert the combined building back to other used cards. As you can see there, technology will be used for combining as well.

Game WebpagedCity DiscordGame TutorialsNFT Markets:
Game WebpagedCity discordby @nealmcspaddennftm.art
by @libertycrypto27dcity.monstermarket.io
by @ecoinstatsdcity.io
Sort:  

I don't want criminals in my city!!!

Nice update,

HIVE ON!!!

Light up the fire :)

That criminal card puts an end to my city real quick.

don't know about the criminal citizen card, but other than that I am loving these updates.

The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on Fire.
Let the motherfuckers burn, get sick, riot, black out and wash away!

Great updates.

the Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on Fire.

Bloodhound gang - nice song

I'm just getting started, still confused about what the most efficient buys are, but I love the idea of this as a low-maintenance game. I just don't have the physical time to properly game, so hopefully this will be a fun experiment. !BEER

OMG the @homeless-city will be dead quickly.

They have 80% crime.

@gerber and friends - what would this city need to survive

Maybe someone can create a new city and all can dump their criminals to it.
Will be then like that prison city in "Escape from NY".

@detlev for now, sell the criminals for top dollar and reinvest!

or send them to the @criminal-city ;-)

this is amazing, with a 4% crime rate i am not to worried for now... but if I then do get crime I am 96% sure to get a criminal

You get with 4% crime rate a 96% from Criminals as I understand

yes, I have a 4% chance for crime to happen and if a crime does happen I am almost sure to have a criminal at96%

Congratulations @dcitygame! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain and have been rewarded with new badge(s) :

You received more than 2750 upvotes. Your next target is to reach 3000 upvotes.

You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word STOP

Do not miss the last post from @hivebuzz:

Feedback from the November 1st Hive Power Up Day

Hey @dcitygame, here is a little bit of BEER from @justinparke for you. Enjoy it!

Learn how to earn FREE BEER each day by staking your BEER.

Keep up the good work!

I like this.

Should give us more stuff to juggle when the time comes.

Nice updates :)

I need to get my crime rate down quick it seems.
Terrified of the new criminal citizens.

I hope there is some way to turn them back into citizens again 😄
Otherwise there is only one way: Buy all the police stations out there!
Police state incoming...

Nice! You are keeping this game super crazy interesting. Loving it.

This is great! I feel like my city is already pretty resilient to criminals :D

This update is fire AF! Criminal cards are a gamechanger.

image.png

looks like Act III of Dcity is the 'Empire Strikes Back'

The combined cards are an exciting addition. Gives the game more RPG elements.
Those disasters and criminal citizens are nerve-wrecking though. But a good start to an update, as the game will not go stale this way.

Looks like a lot of crisis is coming and prevention is needed. ;)
It is getting more complex and exciting!

Wow too exciting, still confused how mechanics will work but really enthusiastic to see it as soon as possible.
Love u @gerber.

Looks good! I am excited already 🤓

Interesting update! One question: How to enter Simulation mode? !BEER

Sorry, you don't have enough staked BEER in your account. You need 24 BEER in your virtual fridge to give some of your BEER to others. To view or trade BEER go to hive-engine.com

👮 Where are the criminals?! 👮‍♀