Another week went by and we are about to announce the winners of the last contest, "Visually Stunning Films" but before that, let's recap what our goals are and what we want to achieve with these contests. The goal is and always was, to bring a segment, an event to exchange film ideas, trivia, opinions, recommendations, and so on. In almost every contest we have held, we've come across films we have never seen and were eager to view them at our earliest. The only way this information exchange event is successful is when everyone gets benefitted. When you find a film from an entry, give it a watch, write a review on cinetv, and discuss your newfound love for it. Someone who hasn't seen it, might get inspired from your blog! That's the true spirit of cinetv contest.
Now, here's our winners --
@evaredskin wrote on The color of pomegranates, a visual masterpiece by Sergei Parajanov. Each frame of the film is like a separate painting itself!
@amirtheawesome1 chose Jodorowsky's much-disputed title The Holy Mountain, a film whose surrealistic influence is still undiminished to this date. Pack with symbolism like how most Jodorowsky films are, The Holy Mountain is also extremely rich visually.
Fritz Lang and B. Demile, both appears with their dazzling films in @nbarrios67's entry. He discusses how shots were taken back then.
225 CINE COINS will be transferred to the winners.
But they aren't the only worthwhile ones! Here are the honorable mentions that could very well be in the top 3.
- @thunderjack - https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@thunderjack/cinetv-contest-visually-stunning-films-metropolis-1927
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
Your Favorite Courtroom/Trial Movie!
Courtoom Drama / Trial movies focus on disputes in court, take us through the crime, the defense, the fierce fight between the lawyers of both defendant and the prosecution, and dramatize the entire process -- ultimately giving us a very thrilling experience. These films are mostly dialogue-based, yet people clearly love them as much as they love action films. 12 Angry Men at the very top of IMDB's top list proves that! Numerous other courtroom drama are also on that list.
We love the disputes, there's no confusion there. And we also love the intellectual battle both parties engage in. They were never mainstream, yet they never really went out of fashion. well, perhaps only in the last decade hehe!
Now is the time to remember them once more!
Write about your most favorite COURTROOM DRAMA / TRIAL films!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 225 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 100 CINE
2ND Place — 75 CINE
3RD Place — 50 CINE
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 10th May, 2022, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in photoshop.