Today, I am going to share with you guys a very simple recipe that I have cooked for the first time and this will be the second time in my entire life to eat Lapu-Lapu fish because it is very expensive. It is a very popular fish but very expensive that is why I never got to taste it until December 2021.
In cooking this dish, I got some tips from one of my elder sisters whom the one that cooks the first Lapu-Lapu dish that I tasted for the first time in my life. And I am going to brag that this dish that I cooked is much better than the one she cooked (^_^).
And so, without further ado, here's how I cooked this very delicious dish.
- Lapu-Lapu Fish
- Black Ground Pepper
- Tomato Sauce (115 grams)
- Cooking Oil
- Sugar (about 4 tablespoons)
- Salt (to taste)
Remove the scales, fins, and gills of the Lapu-Lapu
Clean, peel, and slice the carrot into strips
Clean and slice the tomatoes (you can definitely slice the tomatoes any way that you want)
Clean, peel, and slice the onions
Peel and slice the ginger
Prepare the ground pepper
Prepare the tomato sauce
Prepare the sugar
1. Fry all the Lapu-Lapu on both sides until golden brown, then set is aside.
2. Stir fry the carrot strips in cooking oil
3. Set aside the carrots strips after stir-frying
4. Sautee the ginger, onion, and tomatoes in a cooking oil
5. Add some water to make the tomatoes render some sauce a bit quicker while stirring
6. Add the sugar (you can definitely add more sugar later if it lacks sweetness)
7. When the tomatoes are about to be cooked and start to render some sauce add the black ground pepper, to make the tomatoes render more sauce
8. After adding the black ground pepper add the tomato sauce immediately
8. When the tomatoes do look like the photo below, add the stir-fried carrot strips, and stir.
10. Turn off the heat and it is done
11. Put it on top of the fried Lapu-Lapu and it is done
That is all for now guys, catch you up with the next one. Wishing you all safety, good health, and abundance.