Professional and aspiring fashion designers, artists, and creatives, introducing the Fashion Runway, a fashion design contest.
We will be hosting a weekly Fashion Runway event showcasing the designs submitted by Steemians. Each week, designers will be presented with 3 main conditions that your designs will be based on -- theme, season, and occasion.
The best designs will be compiled and presented to the community in the format of a digital fashion runway.
The purpose of this challenge is to inspire and motivate our inner fashion designer and our fellow community creatives.
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Theme: Crypto | Season: Summer | Occasion: Blockchain Party
Original Post: https://steemit.com/fashiondesign/@tinygalaxy/fashion-runway-contest-sponsored-by-sndbox
Original Post: https://steemit.com/fashiondesign/@cryptocariad/fashiondesign-fashion-runway-contest-or-sponsored-by-sndbox
The theme for this week is:
Theme: C A K E
Season: W I N T E R
Occasion: F I R S T x D A T E
1. Design a complete and cohesive outfit inspired by the week's theme, season, and occasion (more details below). Your design can be hand-drawn. digital, or both.
2. Create a post for your entry. Include details about the outfit, the inspiration behind the outfit, a mood/inspiration board, as well as the design process. *Technical flats are not mandatory.
3. Include the tag #fashiondesign and submit your entry in the comment section.
Tips & Resources
Here are several tips & resources to spark inspiration for your designs:
- Reminder: Every design is ultimately your own personal interpretation of the theme, so there is really no wrong design, provided that your design was inspired by the theme.
- Ensure that your design(s) abide to the three given conditions -- theme, season, and occasion.
- Theme: The design(s) could be obvious or abstract.
- Season: You wouldn't want to wear a quilted down snorkel coat with a faux fur hood over a leather turtleneck sweater during summer.
- Occasion: There are outfits appropriate for certain events and scenarios. This final condition encourages the designers to push their creativity to the limit.
- Determine the color palette of primary and secondary colors.
- Determine the fabric contents of your designs. For example, cotton, linen, silk, wool, chiffon, organza, canvas, polyester, acrylic, blends, and more.
- Remember that every article of apparel (top, bottom, outerwear, intimates, accessories, footwear, etc.) are available in numerous styles, sizes, and details.
- Feel free to use the fashion croquis below for your designs.
Here are examples of ideal submissions:
Here are examples of acceptable submissions:
Sponsored by @sndbox
The top 3 entries will be rewarded an even split of 100% of the post payout.
All eligible entries will receive 1000 Spunk coins. Include your BTS ID with your entry to receive them.
The deadline is at the end of the post payout.
Always remember to have fun while you sharpen your craft!
"Every day is a fashion show and the world is the runway." -- Coco Chanel
Drop it like it's haute!